Friday, November 25, 2016

New, New Cover Art!

Well, here we are again, only with new cover art. After looking at the ones I just made, I thought maybe they could use another attempt. I searched around online for some useful tips on designing covers and found Derek Murphy's wonderful website for indie authors and cover design. I highly recommend reading through his site and watching his videos in particular if you've been struggling with cover issues like I have, but even if you're just thinking of writing a book. He's got more than cover tips on his site and I genuinely keep finding myself back there and reading more tips.

With his helpful suggestions, I've tried my hand once more on designing a cover. The first book is the one here, and I'll link my other two published books in the next blog posts. I realized that my first attempts were more to my tastes than to the genre. These three are, I hope, very much like other fantasy covers and will convey that to potential readers.

I still have one more fiverr gig out there, so maybe I'll change it yet again, but for now, I do think these are so much better than the ones I first used.

No comments:

Post a Comment