Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring update

I'm posting a quick update on my progress on Whom the Gods Fear. It's in the editing stage now so we're getting really close to a completion date. I know it's a little early to be talking about what I'll be getting to next once the Tanavian Chronicles come to a close. This trilogy has been a lot of fun to write but I'm ready to do another single volume work again. My next book will be science fiction. It's a departure from what you are used to, but I assure you, sci fi is my favorite genre. It's always been a little surprising to those who know me that I wrote fantasy first, but those were the stories that spoke to me at the time, so that's what I decided to write.

When more of the book comes into shape, I'll post a chapter so readers can get a feel for my sci fi writing style. I hope you enjoy it as much as my fantasy. I've had some questions about whether or not I'd ever return to Tanavia once I finished the trilogy. I've not ruled it out, of course, and if a story inspired me, of course I'd write it and publish it. Tanavia is a rich world with a deep mythology. I may indeed return to it one day. For now, I hope you enjoy the end of the current story arc.

My next blog entry will have another lovely piece of fan art from the book Whom the Gods Hate. I can't wait to show it to you. Until then, enjoy the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment