Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brrrrr!

It's been a while since I posted an update. Now that the holidays are over and the uncontrollable-teeth-chattering cold has set in, I'm back indoors and in full gear finishing up the final book in the Tanavian Chronicles. It seems hard to believe Whom the Gods Hate was only published a little over 4 months ago and I'm already rapidly nearing the point where I'll begin editing on the final book of the series. I'm just that excited to finish the story for everyone.

Back to winter, which I'm sure at this point many are bemoaning. I've always liked winter. I know at times like this it can be hard to appreciate the coldest of seasons (having spent the day digging out my walkway bundled in every layer of clothing available to me... trust me, I fully condone the griping), but winter is the necessary evil I gladly submit to in exchange for the turning of the seasons. We couldn't have fall, my favorite season, without the winter. I do also enjoy snow, particularly the way it drastically changes the landscape around us overnight. If nothing else, Jack Frost's belligerent attitude trapping me inside is the perfect excuse to get my body back inside and my mind back in Tanavia. So with that, I'll get back to it. Until next time!

P.S. check out the fantastic tribute to Calvin and Hobbes there! It's one of the best of the Calvin inspired snow art found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment