Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whom The Gods Hate To Be Published Soon!

Final editing is done on the second book of the Tanavian Chronicles trilogy. I'm now waiting for a couple people to return their comments to me and then I'll be ready to publish. In the meantime I have already started the next and final book in the trilogy. I've finished the first chapter and added a slew of new entries into my glossary. I wanted to get a quick start on the new book for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I know as a fan of series fiction that waiting for the conclusion to something can be agonizing. It is my dream that my readers will come to feel that passionately about my writing. I know, that's probably not the best thing to hope for--the suffering of my readers, waiting, desperate for new material and hopelessly addicted to my novels--but I promise if that is where we end up, I won't punish you with the waiting. Not too much, anyway. Finally, I wanted to make sure I kept the rhythm of the story going and maintain strong continuity.

Let's get back to Whom the Gods Hate, which should be out real soon. I've got a small teaser for you. I won't include the glossary entries just yet, as that might give too much away. This book features several new types of creatures and beings, a couple of which have been mentioned in Whom the Gods Love. The characters will also be traveling to new continents as well; much more of Tanavia is explored. The second book continues the tradition of the first book in that it's a traveling tale with more of the myths--my favorite parts of these books. For next week, I'll try to choose a glossary entry that won't spoil too much. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment